Use this free tool to password protect pdf files .Sometimes our PDF documents may contain sensitive information .In such situations it would be appropriate to password protect PDF files .Only users who have valid password can open PDF documents .
Steps to password protect pdf
1.Upload the PDF file by clicking on button to input files button.
- Wait until PDF gets uploaded to server .Uploading process is shown by green bar.
3.Enter the password in ‘User Password’ input field and select encryption strength between 40 Bits encryption or 128 Bits encryption.
4.Click on button to start conversion button to start the process. Wait few moments and save file window will appear.Now Save the PDF.
5.If you have selected wrong file,click on button to reset file list button to select new PDF.
- This service is free of cost and there is no registration or email required
- You can also drag & drop files from your computer on this webpage.
- The service is very helpful for protecting sensitive data from unauthorized access .Only the user who has valid password would be able to open the document.
- Uploaded files will be deleted automatically after 1 hour.We do not use any user data.
- Only those PDF files which are already unsecured / Not password protected are allowed.
- Uploaded files will be deleted automatically after 1 hour.We do not use any user data
- The tool doesn’t secure original file instead it makes a duplicate copy of user PDF and makes it secure .So some difference may arise in secured file generated by this tool and your original PDF .
- Depending on size and number of pages of PDF file ,the tool may take some time to password protect pdf copy . So it is advised to be patient while the processing takes place .
- To convert html to pdf use this tool or to convert txt to pdf in any language use this tool or read tutorials How to convert html to pdf and how to convert txt to pdf